The best pot and pan sets include an adequate number of saucepans, frying pans, and stockpots. They also come with utensil sets such as a ladle, spoon, and spatula.
Moreover, these cookware sets are made of quality materials that heat up evenly and quickly to save time as well as to let you cook wonderfully without getting the food burned.
In our consumer reports, we have reviewed a number of brands we believe fit your budget and needs.
- 10 Best Pots and Pan Set Reviews
- 1. AmazonBasics 15-Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set
- 2. GreenLife 12-Piece Soft Grip Nonstick Cookware Set, Pink
- 3. Rachael Ray 12 Piece Cucina Nonstick Cookware Set
- 4. T-fal 18 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
- 5. Cuisinart 12-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- 6. Nutrichef Nonstick Cookware Home Kitchen Ware Pots & Pan Set
- 7. Gotham Steel 10 Piece Pots and Pans Cookware Set
- 8. KUTIME Cookware Set Non-stick Pots and Pans Set, 6pcs
- 9. Calphalon 10-Piece Classic Pots and Pans Set, Grey
- 10. Ayesha Curry 9 Piece Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Pot and Pan Sets
- FAQs for Pan and Pot Sets
- How to Conveniently Store/Organize Your Pot and Pan Sets
- Summary: Best Pot and Pan Sets Reviews
10 Best Pots and Pan Set Reviews
1. AmazonBasics 15-Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set
AmazonBasics Pots and Pan Set Non Stick include 15 pieces. These are an 8” fry pan, 5qt casserole pan with lid, 10” fry pan, 3qt casserole pan with lid, 1.5qt saucepan with lid, 5pc utensil set, and 2qt saucepan with lid. The 5pc utensil set includes a slotted serving spoon, a pasta server, a serving spoon, a soup ladle, and a slotted turner.
The pans and pots are compatible with nearly all stovetops. You can use them on glass, electric, and gas stovetops. They are, however, not compatible with an induction cooktop. These pans and pots are also made of good quality material, which is aluminum. Aluminum conducts heat beautifully to make cooking on this cookware set a piece of cake.
- Non-stick coating is BPA-free and makes cleanup a breeze
- Soft-touch handles are comfortable and stay cool during use
- Spiral bottom heats evenly, thereby, making cooking much easier
- Vented glass lids allow steam to escape
- Not dishwasher-safe; hence, hand-wash is highly recommended
- Excellent for the price
- They heat up quickly
- The set works great as a starter kit
- Handles are sturdy and of good quality
- The bottom is pretty thin
2. GreenLife 12-Piece Soft Grip Nonstick Cookware Set, Pink
What makes the GreenLife Pots and Pans Set special is the fact that they are made with recycled aluminum. It is clear that the manufacturer is after conserving the environment, which is really nice. The set includes 12 pieces, which are 7-inch and 9.5-inch frying pans, 5pc measuring spoon, 2-quart saucepan with lid, nylon slotted turner, 5-quart stockpot with lid, nylon ladle, 2.5-quart sauté pan with lid, and stainless steel steamer.
The set is oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and it works with all stovetops but induction. Furthermore, the pieces in this set have a unique color, which is pink. There are also other colors such as Black, Black & Cream, Blue, Burgundy, Turquoise, and Red. The set is dishwasher safe, but you will not need to throw it in the dishwasher time after time as messes wipe off the pieces easily.
- Interior is rivetless to make sure there are no snags and food buildup
- Glass lids are durable to help you monitor the cooking progress
- Reinforced with a wobble-free base for even heating and extra strength
- Soft Grip Bakelite handles stay cool to provide maximum comfort
- Non-stick coating is free of PFOA, PFAS, cadmium, and lead
- The set is worth the money
- Colors are unique and amazing
- Cleaning pans and pots is extremely easy
- Scratches quite easily; hence, you should be extra careful when using them
3. Rachael Ray 12 Piece Cucina Nonstick Cookware Set
Rachel Ray Cookware Set includes versatile pots and pans that work well on all stovetops but induction. These pans and pots are oven safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Needless to say, they will provide you with much-needed flexibility to help you bake various items. The set is available in many different colors, which are Cranberry Red, Pumpkin Orange, Agave Blue, Mushroom Brown, Lemongrass Green, and Lavender.
What’s more, this nonstick cookware set includes all the pieces you need to cook various stunning meals. These are 1qt and 3qt saucepans with lids, 3qt sauté pan with lid, 8.5” and 10” frying pans, and 6qt stockpot with lid. This set also includes a spoon, and slotted turner.
- Hard enamel porcelain exteriors are sturdy enough to withstand the rigors of a busy kitchen
- PFOA-free nonstick for easy cleanup and effortless food release
- Dual-riveted rubberized handles are made of stainless steel
- Glass lids are shatter-resistant
- Durable aluminum construction further improves solid performance
- The set looks beautiful
- The size is perfect for a fairly large family
- Heat is distributed nicely
- Makes a wonderful present for a loved one
- Might take a while to arrive
4. T-fal 18 Piece Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
T-fal 18pc Cookware Set includes a 3-quart saucepan, a slotted turner, a 1-quart saucepan with lid, an 8-inch frying pan, an 11-inch frying pan, a 2-quart saucepan with lid, a 4-quart stockpot, a 5-quart stockpot, a spoon, a slotted spoon, and a 10-inch skillet with lid. The set is available in 2 colors, which are Red and Black.
Furthermore, this set is dishwasher safe, meaning you will have an easy time cleaning it up after use. Plus it has handles that are oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius). If you are looking for a convenient set that will make your life in the kitchen a walk in the park, the T-fal 18pc Set is for you.
- Nonstick interior is durable and easy to clean
- Even heat base provides reliable cooking results
- Ceramic cooking surface is heat-resistant up to 570 deg F
- Handle is ergonomically designed for maximum comfort
- Pots and pans cook meals faster
- The delivery is on target
- Packing is very professional
- The price is very fair
- The color of the pots and pans is amazing
- The material is a little thinner than expected
5. Cuisinart 12-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Most pots and pans sets are not compatible with induction cook tops. However, that is not the case when it comes to the Cuisinart 12pc Cookware Set. It is a convenient set that works nicely with induction cooktops to deliver exceptional results. It includes 12 pieces, which are 1-1/2qt and 3qt covered saucepans, 8qt covered stockpot, 3-1/2qt sauté pan, and 8” and 10” open skillet.
Another piece you get when you buy this set is a steamer insert with lid. The set is oven safe up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit. Additionally, its pieces feature tapered rims that allow drip-free pouring. Pieces also feature a polished cooking surface that will not react with your food, alter the flavor, or discolor.
- Cool grip handles are secured with rivets
- Rivets are made of stainless steel for long-lasting performance
- Pure aluminum core ensures maximum heat retention as well as even distribution of heat
- Tight-fitting covers are made of stainless steel and seal in the natural juices of the food
- Professional Triple Ply Construction features a brushed stainless exterior and a core of pure aluminum
- Eggs cook beautifully without sticking
- Pieces heat very quickly and make cooking easier
- Stainless steel is very durable
- Easy to use and clean afterwards
- Handles could be more ergonomically designed
6. Nutrichef Nonstick Cookware Home Kitchen Ware Pots & Pan Set
You get up to 11 cooking pieces when you buy the Nutrichef Nonstick Cookware Set. These are a 1.7-quart saucepan pot with lid, a 3.6-quart Dutch oven pot with lid, a 2.1-quart cooking pot with lid, an 8-inch small fry pan, a spatula, a pasta fork, a soup ladle, and an 11-inch large fry pan.
The set is covered by a 10-year limited warranty, and this simply shows that it is of excellent quality and will last longer. Furthermore, the pieces in this set are induction ready for maximum convenience. The set also works with electric, gas, and ceramic counters. Ideally, all the utensils it comes with are made of heat-resistant nylon silicone. Plus this set can cook at a maximum temperature of 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Nonstick coating is long-lasting and ensures easy cleaning, effortless tossing, and healthy cooking
- Blue diamond ceramic exterior improves the durability of the cookware as well as providing better heat transfer
- Cool-touch handles are ergonomically designed for maximum comfort and safe cooking
- Sleek and elegant diamond line pattern gives the pots and pans a modern and stylish touch
- See-thru tempered glass lids feature vent holes that allow steam to escape
- Set includes all the right items
- Pieces are lightweight and look great
- The nonstick coating is as advertised
- No need for gloves since handles do not get hot
- The 11” skillet pan does not come with a lid
7. Gotham Steel 10 Piece Pots and Pans Cookware Set
Gotham Steel 10pc Nonstick Cookware Set is endorsed by Daniel Green, a celebrity chef known internationally for his easy-to-create and healthy recipes. As its name suggests, the set includes 10 pieces, which are 1.5-quart and 2.5-quart saucepans, 8.5- and 10.5-inch round pans, 5-quart pot with steamer tray, and 4 tempered glass lids for the saucepans, 10.5-inch skillet pan, and 5-quart stock pot.
Food slides right off the pans and pots; meaning you will not need butter or oil during cooking. Well, this is great for your health as well since butter and oil have been linked to an increase in cholesterol. The pots and pans are oven safe up to 500 degrees. They are also suitable for use in the microwave plus they are free of PFOS, PFOA, and PTFE.
- Ti-Cerama coating is ultra-durable, metal utensil safe, and scratch-proof
- Aluminum composition is solid and ensures even distribution of heat
- Lightweight design makes the set perfect for people with arthritis
- Dishwasher-safe ensures quick and easy cleanup
- Pieces are good looking
- Lightweight yet heavy-duty enough to withstand the rigors of everyday use
- Easy to clean up after use
- Heats quickly and retains heat nicely
- Handles get hot, but a little
8. KUTIME Cookware Set Non-stick Pots and Pans Set, 6pcs
KUTIME Nonstick Cookware Set is backed by a 1-year warranty to protect against defects in workmanship and material. The manufacturer also promises to be there for you every time you have a problem with this set. The set includes 6 pieces, which may not be as many as other brands but they will still meet your needs for everyday cooking.
These pieces are a 6-inch saucepan with lid, a 9.5-inch stockpot with lid, an 8-inch frying pan, and a 9.5-inch frying pan. The set is available in two colors to choose from, and these are Blue and Copper. Additionally, the material used to make this set is free of cadmium, lead, PFOA, and PTFE.
- External texture ensures that food is heated evenly
- Compatible with induction, gas, glass, and ceramic cooktops, among others
- Bakelite handles are durable and light plus it stays cool during cooking
- See-through lids allow for easy monitoring of the cooking progress
- Connecting the handles to the pans is very easy
- The price does not break the bank
- The colors are amazing
- Solidly made yet not too heavy
- Pans and pots are exactly as pictured
- The small saucepan does not work with induction cooktops as effectively as imagined
9. Calphalon 10-Piece Classic Pots and Pans Set, Grey
Calphalon 10pc Nonstick Cookware Set includes essential pieces that make it perfect for everyday cooking. These pieces are an 8” fry pan, a 6qt stock pot with cover, a 3qt sauté pan with cover, a 2.5qt sauce pan with cover, a 10” fry pan, and a 1.5qt sauce pan with cover.
The set is oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Furthermore, it has a grey finish that will blend seamlessly with other cookware pieces in your kitchen. This set is also available in other sizes such as 12pc, 14pc, and 8pc. Plus it is backed by a full lifetime warranty for a hassle-free purchase.
- Compatible with halogen, gas, glass, and electric stove tops
- 2 layers of nonstick are durable and make cleanup and cooking a cakewalk
- Covers are equipped with straining holes, which line up with pour spouts to drain liquids
- Hard-anodized aluminum construction delivers fast and even heating
- Long, stay-cool handles are made of stainless steel for solid performance
- Not surprisingly expensive
- Pieces are solid and heat nicely
- Cleanup by hand is very easy
- Arrives fast and in good condition
- The smallest pot is smaller than expected
10. Ayesha Curry 9 Piece Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set
We like the fact that the Ayesha Curry 9pc Nonstick Cookware Set is covered by a lifetime warranty. This shows that the manufacturer believes and is confident in its quality. We are also happy to note that these pans and pots set are available in lots of colors to choose from. These include Twilight Teal, Sienna Red, Brown Sugar, and Basil Green.
These colors are unique and will make a bold statement in your kitchen. The pieces in this set are a 1.5qt saucepan with lid, a 12” frying pan with lid, a 2qt saucepan with lid, an 8.5” frying pan, and a 5.5qt Dutch oven with lid. The set includes all the essentials you need to make wonderful dishes on special occasions such as birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.
- Hard enamel porcelain exteriors are stylish
- Enhanced, diamond-textured, nonstick interior
- Oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Tempered glass lids seal in flavor and heat
- Dual-riveted handles are made of stainless steel
- Aluminum construction heats fast and evenly
- Easy to clean up
- Food slides right off
- Makes a nice Christmas gift
- The lids fit perfectly
- The price is competitive
- Handles can get very hot
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Pot and Pan Sets
Our buying guide talks about ways to spot and invest in nothing but top-notch pots and pans set.
The Number of Pieces in the Pot and Pan Sets
We already know that different pots and pans sets include different numbers of pieces. That is to say, some pots have more than 15 pieces, whereas others have 6 or fewer pieces. Well, buying a set that includes several pieces will help you save money in the long run. This is because such a set tends to come with everything, including a ladle, spatula, and spoon. Ideally, you must make sure the set you are investing in has the pots and pans of the right sizes.
Buying a set of pans and pots that is compatible with all kinds of cooktops is highly encouraged because it will make your life convenient. Some of the main cooktops the set you plan to buy should work with are gas, electric, and ceramic. Your set should also work with induction, glass, and halogen cooktops for unparalleled convenience.
The Material Used for Construction
Some sets have stainless steel exteriors while others are made of aluminum. Stainless steel is durable, and this means sets made out of it are long-lasting. Despite that, we advise that you go for a set made of aluminum.
Aluminum conducts heat quickly not to mention distributing it evenly so food can cook beautifully without burning. Aluminum is also lightweight, and this makes a set it is made of perfect for those with arthritis. What’s even better, the lightweight performance is not at the expense of durability and sturdiness. Therefore, expect aluminum cookware sets to last just as long as stainless steel cookware sets.
Handles of your set’s cookware should stay cool during cooking. This makes cooking safer as well as promoting convenience by eliminating the need for gloves. The handles of your cookware pieces should also be ergonomically designed to provide you with maximum comfort and let you give your best in each cooking session.
FAQs for Pan and Pot Sets
Q1. What does a pot & pan set include?
A set of pots and pans mostly includes a saucepan and a frying pan. The number of pans varies from one set to another. This means some sets have over 6 cookware pieces while others may have less. Moreover, some pan and pot sets include utensils such as a ladle, spatula, and spoon, among others. It is worth noting that the higher the number of pieces, the pricier the set.
Q2. Is it advisable to stack pans and pots?
No. Stacking pots and pans may sound like a good idea. After all, it makes storage a breeze. However, stacking pots and pans may also scratch them, which is particularly bad if yours are nonstick. Well, if you must stack your pots and pans, consider putting a pan protector between them. You can also use a piece of cloth if you are not in a position to acquire a pan protector.
Q3. Which types of pots and pans do professional/celebrity chefs use?
Professional chefs prefer pots and pans made of copper, carbon steel, or cast iron. One common thing with these types of cookware is that they are all durable. Needless to say, these pans will no doubt hold up well to everyday use. You must, however, note that these pans and pots are also pretty expensive.
Q4. What are the most popular cookware brands?
The best quality cookware brands are Rachael Ray, NutriChef, Calphalon, T-fal, Cuisinart, and more. These cookware brands are built to last and are made of premium materials such as solid aluminum, stainless steel, and carbon steel. They also heat up evenly and quickly.
How to Conveniently Store/Organize Your Pot and Pan Sets
Pots and pans (especially pans) are bulky, and, therefore, always threaten to take up more space than desired. The situation is even worse if you have a small kitchen or live in an apartment. Well, that is why we have come up with a few tips on how you can easily organize or store your cookware sets, which, in this case, are pot and pan sets.
- Consider Storing them in an Open Cabinet Shelf
An open cabinet shelf is very handy for when you do not mind storing your cookware set in a place where everyone can see it. Actually, today’s cookware sets are stylishly designed with vibrant colors. Therefore, if you do not like the idea of using an open cabinet shelf, it is time to reconsider your position.
One good thing about open cabinet shelves is that they are easy to install. They are also easy to customize to fit your pans and pots nicely.
- Build/Buy a Hanging Rack
A hanging rack provides extra storage space in the kitchen. You can buy one or build your own. Hanging racks are available in all types of materials and designs. There are stainless steel hanging racks, wooden hanging racks, and many more.
This means it is easy to find one that blends seamlessly with the décor of your kitchen. You can, therefore, store your pans conveniently without taking up the storage space in the cabinet as well as without compromising the aesthetics of your kitchen.
- Hang them under the Island Counter
There is space under the island counter. And while this space should mostly be used to accommodate the legs and knees of those who are seated around the counter, you can also use it to hang pots and pans. It keeps cookware within reach, thereby, promoting convenience and even saving time.
- Hang Pans Overhead
Hanging your pans overhead is an ingenious solution to saving space in your kitchen. This method of storing pans and pots is particularly great if space in your kitchen is invaluable. To achieve it, simply use strong wires and S-shaped hooks. You can make an overhead hanging structure on your own or buy one.
Summary: Best Pot and Pan Sets Reviews
One of the the best pot and pan sets is the AmazonBasics 15pc Non-stick Cookware Set. It has up to 15 pieces to make sure you have everything you need for everyday cooking. It is also non-stick, and, therefore, extremely easy to clean. Moreover, the nonstick coating eliminates the need to use too much oil, which, in turn, can increase cholesterol levels.
Another good pot and pan set is the T-fal 18pc Cookware Set. With up to 18 pieces of cookware, the T-fal Set ensures you have all the essentials for cooking at your disposal. What’s more, this set is dishwasher safe for quick, easy cleanup after use. It is also oven safe up to 570 degrees Fahrenheit.
Well, those were the best pots and pan sets on sale. Most of them are non-stick, plus they can be used on different types of cooktops. That being said, they are a nice purchase for someone looking for the best nonstick cookware set 2022.