The best heated throw blankets produce even heat to keep you warm and cozy during winter and other cold days.
These blankets are also well-sized, with most of them measuring 50 by 60 inches.
They are suitable for use in bed, couch, chair, desk, or office. Despite using electricity to keep your body warm, these blankets are equipped with various safety features. They have an auto shutoff function and some even feature an overheating protection function.
Want to know more about them? The following reviews (according to) consumer reports are for you.
- 10 Best Electric Blanket 2022 Reviews
- 1. Sunbeam Heated Throw Blanket Microplush, 3 Heat Settings
- 2. MaxKare Electric Blanket Heated Throw Flannel & Sherpa
- 3. Tefici Electric Heated Blanket Throw, 50” x 60”
- 4. Beautyrest Plush Electric Throw Blanket
- 5. Sable SA-BD038 Heated Blanket Electric Throw (Blue)
- 6. Homde 50 Inch x 60 Inch Heated Electric Throw Blanket
- 7. Pure Enrichment PureRelief Plush Heated Throw
- 8. Bedsure 66×90 Electric Heated Blanket Throw
- 9. Vellax 50×60 Heated Electric Blanket Heating Throw
- 10. Degrees Of Comfort 50 x 60 Electric Heated Throw Blanket
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Electric Blanket Throw
- FAQs for Electric Heated Blankets Throw
- What To Avoid When Using An Electric Throw Blanket
- Summary: Best Electric Blankets Consumer Reports
10 Best Electric Blanket 2022 Reviews
1. Sunbeam Heated Throw Blanket Microplush, 3 Heat Settings
Sunbeam Electric Blanket measures 12.5 by 9 by 8 inches. It is well-sized, and, therefore, should keep you warm effortlessly. It is a nice a blanket to have when you want to stay warm and cozy while watching TV. It is also arguably the best electric blanket for outdoors.
What’s more, this electric blanket is available in a wide range of colors so you can easily find what blends with your couch. These colors are Charlotte Gray, Walnut Brown, Garnet, Sand, Royal Blue, and Olive Green. Moreover, the blanket is machine-washable to make sure you have an easy time caring for it. It is also dryer-safe to further improve convenience.
- Controller features 3 heat settings to let you adjust the heat level effortlessly
- 3-hour auto off function for convenience and peace of mind
- ThermoFine technology delivers consistent and evenly distributed heat
- Ultra-soft microplush provides outstanding comfort and warmth
- The size fits the couch perfectly
- Gives off enough warmth for maximum comfort
- Comes in handy for when you want a good nap
- Makes a nice gift for a loved one
- Heats quickly and is soft on the skin
- The power cable is a little short
2. MaxKare Electric Blanket Heated Throw Flannel & Sherpa
MaxKare Electric Heated Blanket Throw can also be used as a normal blanket. All you need to do is detach the controller and you are good to go. It comes with a 9.8ft power cable that eliminates all sorts of potential restrictions. The blanket is also machine-washable; hence, it is safe to say that it is very easy to maintain.
You will be able to easily keep it in good shape and use it for years to come. It measures 50 by 60 inches; meaning it is perfectly sized to provide you with exceptional coverage and keep you warm throughout your time in the living room. It is red and the pattern is solid for ultimate simplicity.
- Snap button design cuddles you nicely and comprehensively
- 3 optional levels range from 95 degrees Fahrenheit to 113 degrees Fahrenheit
- One side features silky flannel and the other features Sherpa shu velveteen
- Shuts off automatically after 4 hours of non-stop use
- Holds up well to frequent use
- The material is flexible and soft
- Wires are not bulky or uncomfortable
- Heats up fast and holds heat nicely
- The highest setting does not get as warm as many would have liked
3. Tefici Electric Heated Blanket Throw, 50” x 60”
When you buy the Tefici Electric Blanket Throw, you get a controller and a user manual. The controller is to help you operate the blanket easily and the user manual helps extend the lifespan of the blanket by providing you with details on how to care for it.
The power supply of this heated blanket is 120V, 120W, 60Hz. Besides, the blanket measures 50 by 60 inches. It is standard sized to keep all the vital areas of your body warm during cold winter nights. The pattern is solid to blend nicely with the fabric of your couch or the bed sheet.
- Shuts off automatically after 4 hours for peace of mind
- Overheating protection system to protect you from any potential safety hazards
- 3 heat settings range from 95 deg F to 113 deg F
- Machine washable and dryer-safe for easy care
- 10ft. power cable improves flexibility and makes the blanket suitable for larger rooms
- Blanket can also be used as a normal blanket once the controller is detached
- The size is perfect for the intended purpose
- The price is great
- Lightweight and soft enough to provide comfort
- Makes a wonderful gift for people with arthritis or the elderly
- Packing could be better – a number of people have raised concern about receiving the wrong color
4. Beautyrest Plush Electric Throw Blanket
Beautyrest Electric Throw Blanket can be used as a heated blanket, a heated wrap, or a heated throw. One of the reasons why it is incredibly versatile is that it is oversized. It measures 60 by 70 inches, which is larger than a standard size of 50 by 60 inches. With it, you will be able to enjoy an extra layer of warmth while reading a book or watching TV.
Moreover, the blanket is covered by a 5-year limited warranty, and this is amazing since it shows how much the manufacturer believes in its quality. This blanket is also machine washable and all you need to do in case it gets dirty is unplug the controller and then toss it into the washing machine.
- Microlight plush fabric is surprisingly soft
- Ultra-thin wires will not cause any discomfort
- Functional controller features a 2-hour auto shut-off and 3 heat settings
- Secure Comfort heated technology adjusts the temp of the throw based on the overall temp
- The 3 levels of heating work as intended
- Gives a warm and cozy feeling
- Shipping is great
- Perfect for watching a movie
- Heats up beautifully and stays warm
- The controller gets very hot
5. Sable SA-BD038 Heated Blanket Electric Throw (Blue)
Sable SA-BD038 is well sized and will keep you warm and cozy when watching a movie in the living room or reading a book just before you go to bed. It measures 50 inches wide by 60 inches long. The electric blanket also boasts 10 heating levels.
This is wonderful, given that most brands are equipped with 3 heating levels only. These 10 heating levels range from 68 degrees Fahrenheit to 122 degrees Fahrenheit. With them, you will find it extremely easy to maintain an exceptional level of warmth and coziness. This electric throw blanket is also dryer-safe and machine-washable for easy care.
- Auto-off function can be set to turn off the blanket after 1 hour, 2 hours, or 3 hours
- ETL Certification shows that the blanket is safe and of decent quality
- Built-in overheating protection system promotes safety
- Handy controller makes operating the blanket a breeze
- Heats quickly and is light
- Easy to fold for storage
- Controls are easy to see and use
- Instructions are in English and to the point
- The color blends seamlessly with many different kinds of décor
- Too many steps to turn it off
6. Homde 50 Inch x 60 Inch Heated Electric Throw Blanket
Homde Electric Throw Blanket is made of extremely soft flannel. It is very cozy and comfortable. Needless to say, expect this blanket to gently wrap you in warmth during cold nights. It makes an exciting gift for women and men. It is, therefore, worth considering if you are looking for something to gift out during festive holidays, Valentine’s Day, Father’s Day, and Mother’s Day, among others.
Like other top-notch blankets, this brand is machine washable and dryer safe. All you need to do is detach the controller and give it a clean wash. The blanket measures 50 by 60 inches and it is suitable for a chair, bed, and couch. It is also great for both indoor and outdoor use. That being said, you can use it on a camping trip or during picnic.
- ETL certification shows that the blanket is safe to use
- 4-hour auto shutoff function gives peace of mind
- Overheat protection promotes safety
- Controller is easy to see and to use
- 3 warming settings range from 90 – 110 degrees Fahrenheit
Other features of this heated electric blanket throw include a 10ft. power cable that eliminates restrictions and a versatile design that allows you to use the blanket as a normal one with the controller detached. Moreover, the suitable voltage for this blanket is only 120V AC/60Hz.
- Washes easily and works nicely
- Heats all the way to the edges
- The size and weight are perfect
- Separating the charger from the plug is a cakewalk
- The material is on the thin side
7. Pure Enrichment PureRelief Plush Heated Throw
Pure Enrichment Heated Throw is the safest electric blanket on sale. It is not just covered by a 5-year warranty but also the manufacturer promises caring customer support. The customer support is available 7 days a week to make sure your experience with this blanket is one to remember. The blanket is made of a machine-washable fabric so you can have an easy time caring and maintaining it.
Moreover, this heated blanket is gray and features a plain pattern so it can blend beautifully with the color and finish of your couch. The size of this blanket is 50 by 60 inches, and its specifications are 120V, 100W, and 60Hz. It is large enough to provide most users with warm coverage from shoulders to feet.
- Reversible design features luxurious micromink on one side and Sherpa on the other side
- Built-in LED controller lets you adjust heat effortlessly between high, warm, low, and medium settings
- Auto safety shut-off turns the blanket off after 2 hours of non-stop use
- Storage bag is included to help with easy storage and transport
Suitable for staying cozy and warm while traveling, working on your desk, watching TV on the couch, reading a book in bed, or enjoying a nap on your favorite chair.
- Heat controls are excellent
- Customer service is amazing
- The texture is very soft on both sides
- Has a beautiful heavy feel to it
- Heating elements will be damaged if you sit or lay on the blanket
8. Bedsure 66×90 Electric Heated Blanket Throw
What makes this electric heated throw blanket exceptional is the low voltage. Using just 24 volts, this throw blanket is very much harmless to the human body. In other words, there are no electric shocks when you use this blanket for added warmth when watching a movie, reading a book, etc.
The blanket is also CE and UL certified to further give you peace of mind. It is the kind of an electric blanket that you will not freak out if your little one or pet accidentally gets it wet. Ideally, washing this blanket is extremely easy. Simply remove the plug and controller then wash it on the gentle cycle. You can also wash the blanket by hand.
- Gray appearance blends nicely with rooms of various styles
- Made of Tie Dye Flannel Fleece for cozy and soft performance
- Tie Dye Flannel Fleece also boasts wonderful heat storage performance
- 3 heating levels & rapid heating make the blanket convenient to use
- Automatically shuts off after 2 hours (default)
- Shutoff timer can be set at 2 hours, 4 hours, or 8 hours
- Suitable for the bedroom, living room, and office
- The 3 timers are great
- It is shipped on time
- Heating function works extremely well
- It is a low heated blanket throw; meaning it may not be suitable for someone looking for maximum warmth
9. Vellax 50×60 Heated Electric Blanket Heating Throw
Taking care of the Vellax Blanket Heating Throw is a piece of cake. Simply detach the controller and then wash the blanket separately on a delicate or gentle cycle with cold water. After that, make sure it fully air dries before you use it again. The manufacturer of this blanket puts customer satisfaction above everything else.
And to achieve that, it promises 100-percent money back without asking any questions. The blanket measures 50 by 60 inches, and it is available in many different colors to choose from. These are Grey and White, Golden Sand, Dark Blue, and Crimson Red.
- Reversible design keeps the blanket working efficiently no matter which side you use
- Heating elements are distributed over the entire surface for gentle but steady warmth
- Durable yet thin wire will not make you uncomfortable in any way
- Controller features 4 timer settings, 3 heating levels, and 9.5ft power cord
- Built-in auto-off function will shut off the blanket if none of the timer settings is selected
Also, there is thermostatic control that automatically switches the heat level from setting 3 to 2 after 1-1/2 hours of use and then from 2 to 1 after a half an hour more of use. The 3 heating levels include 104 deg F, 122 deg F, and 140 deg F. Timer settings, on the other hand, are 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, and 8 hours.
- Very smooth and soft
- Heavy and very thick
- Heats up fast and is extremely comfy
- Large enough to cover tall people nicely
- The color is amazing and controls are user-friendly
- None we know of
10. Degrees Of Comfort 50 x 60 Electric Heated Throw Blanket
Degrees of Comfort electric blanket is designed to take care of business without emitting any EMF radiation. This means the blanket will keep you warm and cozy without exposing your skin to electromagnetic radiation. The blanket is also 100-percent UL certified to give you peace of mind knowing that it is safe and of perfect quality.
Plus it comes with a 5-year warranty, which is the ultimate proof to its unrivaled quality. Better yet, the price of this blanket is not on the high side. The blanket is also available in lots of colors, including Beige, Red Plaid, Blue, Red, Green Plaid, and Grey.
- 3 different heating levels will meet your needs
- Built-in auto shutoff keeps you safe and conserves energy
- 6ft power cable provides plenty of reach
- Suitable for the bedroom, air mattress, RV, camping, carpet, etc
- Perfectly positioned cord will not make you uncomfortable
- Heat settings work as expected
- Very soft to keep you comfortable
- Makes a nice gift
- Seems to soothe aches
- Machine washable for easy care
- No significant one to report
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Electric Blanket Throw
Since we know how difficult it is to settle on a good electric throw blanket, we have also brought you a number of factors to have in mind when buying one.
The Length of the Power Cable
It is important to pick a heated blanket throw with a decent power cable. By “decent”, we mean a power cable that is not very short or overly long. A cable that is extremely short will restrict and frustrate you. Also, a cable that is incredibly long can be a safety hazard. With that said, try to buy a throw blanket with a cable length ranging from 6ft to 10ft.
Most heated throw blankets measure 50 inches wide by 60 inches long. This is an excellent size for one person. It is also large enough to cover a tall person beautifully. Well, if you are looking for an electric blanket for one person then this is a suitable size.
But if you plan to use your heated blanket with your significant other, you should consider going for a larger size. You must, however, be prepared to pay more as most large heated blankets are costlier than their smaller counterparts.
Heated blankets throw are mostly made of cotton and /or polyester. Well, both of these materials are good quality. Cotton, for example, is retains warmth wonderfully. This means cotton heated blankets stay warm nicely, thereby, making winter seasons bearable. Polyester, on the other hand, has a soft and smooth feel that allows you to use the blanket for hours.
Electric blankets throw that feature reversible designs are very much convenient to use. They are, therefore, the ones you should try to purchase. In the reversible design, both sides are fully functional. They are soft to the touch and heat up nicely to keep you warm and cozy. Each of these sides also features different colors; meaning if you are bored with one side, you can simply turn the blanket over and use the other side.
Different heated blankets throw are equipped with different features. However, some features are too primary to miss from your blanket. These are heat level settings and an auto shutoff function. Most heated blankets have 3 heat level settings, which normally include low, medium, and high.
These different heat level settings make it easy to find the perfect level of warmth. The auto shutoff function, on the other hand, conserves energy as well as protecting you. It also gives you peace of mind knowing that even if you forget to turn off your blanket, it will be switched off anyway.
Some electric blankets are equipped with different timer settings to allow you to set the auto shutoff function according to your needs.
Ideally, if possible, go for a throw blanket with overheat protection. Such a blanket is very safe to use because it does not get too hot to the extent that it threatens to burn your skin.
You should also check if the blanket you are set to buy is certified. Certification simply shows that the blanket is of good quality and totally safe to use. Well, top-notch heated blankets are mostly certified by UL and CE.
Other factors to consider when buying a heated throw blanket are a user-friendly controller, ease of washing and maintenance, and the general quality. You should also check whether the wires are thin as bulky ones can take away much-needed comfort.
FAQs for Electric Heated Blankets Throw
Q1. Can I use a normal blanket together with a heated blanket?
Yes. However, when using a comforter or normal blanket with an electric throw blanket, make sure it is under the heated blanket and not over it. If you place a normal blanket over an electric blanket, you risk overheating.
Moreover, you should be careful not to place an electric blanket under you. This too can lead to overheating.
Q2. Can I use an electric blanket throughout the night?
Most modern heated throw blankets are designed with a thermostat control function that regulates the amount of heat they produce. In a nutshell, these blankets are highly unlikely to overheat. But, even with an advanced feature like this, it is still discouraged to use your heated blanket throw all night.
Instead, you should consider using it to warm your bed as well as to keep you cozy while waiting to catch sleep. Make sure you turn it off before falling asleep.
Q3. Can an electric blanket cause a fire?
An electric throw blanket is like any device that is plugged in. That is to say; if not handled properly, it can catch fire. You must, therefore, make sure you handle and maintain your heated blanket according to the instructions and user manual issued by the manufacturer of the blanket. Furthermore, make sure the blanket you are buying is CE/UL certified for safety and quality.
Q4. How long do heated blankets take to heat up?
According to sleep.org, electric blankets throw take around 45 – 60 minutes to heat up, with some taking even longer. What’s more, it is important to note that the time a heated blanket takes to warm up may depend on the size and the heat level setting.
What To Avoid When Using An Electric Throw Blanket
Heated blankets throw are super cool. They give a good amount of warmth to keep you comfortable during cold days. However, there are some important don’ts you must know about for safe use of these blankets.
- Do not bunch up a heated blanket
Because of the heating elements and wires inside, an electric blanket should never be bunched up as this might damage the wires and other heating elements.
- Do not let pets near the blanket
Dogs and cats like chewing stuff and a heated blanket is no exception. Your pet can, therefore, chew and expose the wires in your blanket, thereby, putting them, or even you, in great danger. Pets can also accidentally scratch the blanket, and this might shorten its lifespan or make it unsafe to use.
- Do not share it with your kids
Most of today’s heated throw blankets do not use a lot of voltage. However, that does not make them safe for kids. This sounds harsh, but sorry mommy, your kids’ safety comes first.
- Watch your skin
Most manufacturer instructions state that before you use an electric blanket, make sure there is a sheet between you and the blanket. This is to keep you safe in case the unfortunate unfolds.
Summary: Best Electric Blankets Consumer Reports
The largest heated throw blanket is the Beautyrest Electric Throw Blanket. Unlike standard electric blankets, this bad boy measures 60 by 70 inches. It is perfect for big guys or someone simply looking for maximum coverage and comfort while watching TV or reading a book.
The heated blanket with the highest number of heat levels is Sable SA-BD038. It has up to 10 heating levels ranging from 68 degrees Fahrenheit to 122 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are looking for a blanket that will meet each of your warming needs, this brand should be a frontier for you.
The best overall is the Sunbeam Microplush Throw Blanket. As its name suggests, this blanket is insanely soft and very comfortable to use. It is also equipped with ThermoFine technology that ensures consistent and even distribution of heat.
Well, those are our reviews of the best electric blankets according to reliable consumer reports. Hope you enjoyed it!