An ergonomic mouse offers a perfect solution to keeping you comfortable at work. It features an innovative design that provides the thumb and fingers with a nice place to rest.
It also keeps the wrist and arm in natural positions all the time.
We have put together a number of brands in these consumer reports to help you make an informed decision in case you decide to buy one.
Our Top Picks
Best Overall: Anker 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse. This ergonomic optical mouse is equipped with different levels of sensitivity plus it is a product of a reputable manufacturer in Anker.
Best Design: Logitech MX Master 2S. This ergonomic mouse Logitech is loaded with lots of advanced features that obviously make it one of the best in the market.
Budget-Friendly: Jelly Comb Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mice. Did you know you can get a good ergonomic optical mouse at a price that is almost that of a standard mouse?
Highest Level of Sensitivity: DELUX Wired Ergonomic Vertical Mouse. Equipped with 5 DPI settings (800, 1200, 1600, 2400, and 4000), this wired ergonomic mouse provides you with the flexibility you need for different tasks.
Quietest: iClever Vertical Wireless Ergonomic Mouse. No one likes the clicking sound of the mouse’s buttons. The good news is that is something you can swiftly avoid with this particular model.
9 Best Ergonomic Mice Reviews
1. Anker 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse – Black
What makes the Anker 2.4G Wireless Ergonomic Mouse the best in class is the fact that it features a futuristic design. The design combines comfort and functionality to provide you with a super useful mouse. The mouse boasts 3 levels of sensitivity, and these are 800, 1200, and 1600. Well, these levels of sensitivity provide precise, smooth tracking on many different surfaces.
Moreover, the Anker 2.4G Wireless Mouse is designed with a power-saving mode that cuts off power completely when the mouse is inactive for 8 minutes. To wake the mouse, simply press the left or right button. The mouse measures 120 by 62.8 by 74.8 millimeters and weighs 3.4 ounces. It comes with an instruction manual plus it is backed by an 18-month hassle-free warranty.
- Scientific ergonomic design promotes healthy and neutral arm and wrist positions
- Previous/Next buttons offer ultimate convenience when webpage browsing
- Sleek appearance makes the mouse a wonderful addition to any workstation
- 5 buttons provide you with total control over your computer’s system
More about the Product: The mouse is compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10. It is also compatible with Linux and Mac OS X. You should note that when using Mac OS X, the previous/next thumb buttons will not be recognized. What’s more, this mouse is wireless, and, therefore, uses 2 AAA batteries (not included). It is engineered with convenience in mind, and that makes it a superior choice for gamers, internet surfers, and those who work at the computer for long hours.
- Fits perfectly in the hand
- Features a convenient slot underneath for storing the USB dongle
- Customer service is exceptional
- The 3 DPI sensitive settings are wonderful
- No indication whether the mouse is awake or asleep
2. Logitech MX Master 2S Ergonomic Shape Wireless Mouse
Ergonomic Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S is pretty costly. However, the features this ergonomic wireless mouse has make it worth every penny. For instance, the mouse provides you with cross-computer control where you will be able to seamlessly navigate on 3 computers. You can copy-paste files, images, and texts from one computer to the other via Logitech Flow.
Another impressive feature you will enjoy with Logitech MX Master 2S is dual connectivity. The mouse allows you to use up to three Windows or Mac computers using Bluetooth Smart Wireless technology or Unifying receiver. Moreover, this wireless mouse is equipped with a rechargeable Li-Po (500mAh) battery that further makes it convenient to use. The battery charges via a micro-USB charging cable. Just 3 minutes of charging allows you to use the mouse throughout the day. And when fully charged, the battery can last for up to 70 days.
- 4000-DPi precision sensor tracks on virtually any surface, including glass
- Speed-adaptive scroll wheel shifts automatically from click-to-click to hyper-fast scroll
- Perfectly sculpted, handcrafted shape provides support to the hand and wrist in a comfortable and natural position
- Well-positioned wheels and buttons provide fine-motion control and a fluid experience
More about the Product: You can use MX Master 2S with the Logitech Easy-Switch Keyboard to create a highly functional workstation. You can also add desktop speakers if need be. MX Master 2S weighs 0.63 pounds and measures 1.9 by 3.37 by 4.9 inches. It is available in 2 wonderful colors, which are Midnight Teal and Graphite. Plus it has up to 7 buttons to provide you with maximum control.
- Fits the hand really well
- Works perfectly on all surfaces
- Connects easily to PC
- The battery life is amazing
- Rugged and feels solid
- The clicks are pretty loud
3. LEKVEY Vertical Wireless Ergonomic Mouse, Black
Although the LEKVEY Vertical Ergonomic Mouse is not compatible with Mac OS (Apple products) it still boasts decent compatibility. It works with Windows 2000, Linux, 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP. It is covered by an 18-month product warranty that allows you to return it for a refund in case you are not completely happy with it. The manufacturer also promises easy-to-reach lifetime technical support.
What’s more, LEKVEY Wireless Vertical Mouse features 3 DPI sensitivity levels, which are 800, 1200, and 1600. Adjusting these sensitivity levels is a breeze, and, with them, you will be able to use the mouse beautifully regardless of the surface you are working at. The mouse’s hand orientation is right and the movement detection technology is optical.
- Recharge Quick-connect design lets you switch from wireless to a charging cable connection
- 6 buttons provide you with maximum control over your computer’s system
- Scientific ergonomic design ensures less overall strain and smoother movement
- Advanced “Page Forward” and “Page Back” buttons offer maximum convenience when web page browsing
- Built-in high-capacity rechargeable battery eliminates the need to buy batteries
More about the Product: The nano USB receiver at the bottom of the mouse allows plug-and-play. It helps make the mouse easy to use. The connection mode of the mouse is 2.4G USB. Besides, this mouse only weighs 95 grams and measures 5.0 by 3.0 by 2.5 inches. Plus it comes with a 78-centimeter charging cable for maximum convenience.
- Build quality is wonderful for the price
- Can be used while charging
- Very comfortable and easily maneuverable
- Seems to work with different cables
- Battery loses charge quite fast, but also it charges very fast
4. Jelly Comb Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mice
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Optical Mouse boasts high responsiveness that allows it to move smoothly on an ergonomic mouse pad like the Amazon Basics Mouse Pad with Wrist Support Rest. The high responsiveness is brought by DPI resolution optical tracking technology that provides up to 3 levels of sensitivity. These are 800, 1200, and 1600. The optical tracking technology provides precise tracking on many different surfaces.
The mouse is engineered with a scientific ergonomic design, which ensures that the arm and wrist are in a comfortable, natural position. The ergonomic design promotes smoother movement while significantly reducing strain. It is worth noting that if you have never used an ergonomic mouse, it might take a while to get used to the Jelly Comb Optical Mouse. But once you do, you will really love it.
- 2.4GHz wireless technology provides a reliable connection
- Wide compatibility allows you to use the mouse with Mac, Linux, and Win (10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and ME)
- Contoured body supports your palm and cradles your finger and thumb
- Sensitive mouse click has less noise to avoid disturbance
- Previous/Next buttons offer unparalleled convenience when webpage browsing
More about the Product: Jelly Comb Ergonomic Vertical Mouse works with various devices such as laptops, PCs, notebooks, and more. You should note that when using it with Mac OS X operating system, the forward and backward browsing buttons will not function. The mouse is not only suitable for internet surfers and those who work at their computers for long hours but also it can be used by gamers. The mouse uses 1 AA battery (not included) and the USB receiver is in the battery compartment.
- Compact and light to improve comfort
- The clicks are not loud
- The DPI adjusts with the click of a button
- Uses only 1 AA battery
- Does not lag or lose connectivity
- The Back/Forward buttons could be better
5. ECHTPower 2.4G Wireless Rechargeable Vertical Ergonomic Mouse
You should invest in the ECHTPower Rechargeable Wireless Vertical Mouse because it is reasonably priced and built with your health in mind. It is the kind of mouse that when used even for long hours, you will not be bothered by hand fatigue and soreness. It is designed in such a way that it keeps the forearm and wrist in a healthy posture. By so doing, the mouse helps reduce muscle strain.
It not only keeps you in good health but also ensures you accomplish your daily goals. Equipped with 3-level adjustable DPI, the ECHTPower Vertical Wireless Mouse can be used on almost any surface. These levels of sensitivity are impressive and include 1000, 1600, and 2400. They make the mouse perfect for gaming, entertainment, and office. The mouse is compatible with Windows XP, 10, Vista, 8, and 7. You can also use it with Linux and Mac OS X (Backward/Forward buttons are unsupported in Mac OS X).
- Forward/back buttons help you access pages faster
- Nano USB receiver at the bottom of the mouse eliminates the need for drivers
- Rechargeable battery can be recharged directly via the included USB cable
- Power-saving technology helps the battery last several months on a single charge
More about the Product: We like the fact that this innovative mouse is equipped with a rechargeable battery that eliminates the need to replace the battery time after time. We also like the fact that this mouse can be used with Mac, laptop, PC, and other devices. It is a well-engineered mouse that greatly improves efficiency at work. The total number of buttons this mouse has is 6.
- Buttons and scroll wheel are easy to access
- Perfect for someone suffering from pain in the wrist
- Well built and holds the charge as advertised
- Works well for all hand sizes
- Bulkier than a standard mouse, but this does not make it less comfortable
6. Microsoft L6V-00001 Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse
If you are fed up with ergonomic mice that do not work perfectly with Windows, Microsoft L6V-00001 is for you. It is compatible with Win 10, Win 7, Win 8.1, Win RT 8, Win RT 8.1, and Win 8. The mouse is also compatible with Macintosh OS X v10.7 – 10.9 as well as Android 3.2 and 4.2.
It is a wireless ergonomic mouse with impressive connectivity. Additionally, this mouse has a decent battery life of up to 12 months to spare you the hassle of having to replace battery time and again. You should note that the mouse’s BlueTrack Technology does not work on mirrored surfaces or clear glass.
- BlueTrack Technology combines the precision of laser and the power of optical for unparalleled tracking on nearly any surface
- Windows button provides a one-touch access to the Start Menu
- Height and angle are designed to make sure the wrist is always in a comfortable position every time you are using the mouse
- Thumb scoop encourages natural wrist and hand postures
- Easier on the thumbs and hands
- The buttons are easy to push
- Suitable for people with wrist or hand issues
- The design looks simple and cool
- Bulky and tends to take up plenty of space
7. DELUX Wired Ergonomic Vertical Mouse with 6 Buttons
Your office mouse should be comfortable to use. Well, the DELUX Wired Vertical Mouse is designed with ultimate ergonomics in mind so you can have a memorable experience using it. It features a special volute bionic design that reduces hand stiffness and arm discomfort. Moreover, all the keys of this mouse are programmable; thanks to the Memory Setting Driver. This means you can set the lighting effects and even create any Macro.
The DELUX Ergonomic Vertical Wired Mouse also boasts 5 DPI settings. These are 800, 1200, 1600, 2400, and 4000. These numerous DPI settings make it easy to use the mouse for different purposes, including gaming. The wide compatibility of this wired ergonomic mouse cannot go unnoticed as well. The mouse works with Windows XP, 10, 8, 7, and Vista. Plus it is compatible with many different devices such as Macbook, Notebook, PC Computer, and Laptop.
- Humanized wrist rest design protects your wrist from friction when moving the mouse
- RGB chasing lighting creates a wonderful working experience
- Switch in the bottom of the mouse allows you to switch the lights on and off
- Sensitive sensor allows you to use the mouse on opaque glass surfaces, enamel desks, or smooth wooden surfaces
More about the Product: The dimensions of this ergonomic vertical wired mouse are 149mm long by 95mm wide by 99mm high (5.87” long by 3.74” wide by 3.90” high). The weight, on the other hand, is 210 grams (7.4 ounces). The mouse is a bit heavy, but this due to the numerous features it is packed with.
In total, this mouse has 6 buttons that will provide you with complete control over your computer’s system. DELUX Wired Mouse with ergonomic design is also covered by 12 months warranty as well as free lifetime technical support. Apart from wired with RGB, this mouse is available in other versions, which are 2.4G Wireless and Wired with Blue Light.
- The grip feels nice and comfortable
- The back and forward buttons are intuitive
- It is hard to accidentally hit the DPI button
- Suitable for gaming and other uses
- Can take a while to get used to
8. iClever Vertical Wireless Ergonomic Mouse with Adjustable DPI
The precision shaping of the iClever Vertical Ergonomic Wireless Mouse helps relieve pain in the wrist. Ideally, it combines with strategically-placed buttons and the thumb rest to further improve comfort. If you work at your computer desk for several hours each day, this is the mouse to invest in. You can also get it as a gift for someone with carpal tunnel syndrome.
Furthermore, this mouse is engineered with an optical sensor of 2400 DPI. That being said, this mouse can easily track the finest movements. So, if you love having precise control over the movements of your mouse, look no further than the iClever Vertical Wireless Mouse. You can adjust it between 4 resolutions of 1000 DPI, 2400DPI, 2000DPI, and 1600DPI. The high precision mouse control means you will find this model perfect for many different tasks.
- Built-in Previous/Next Page buttons eliminate the need to click the back button every time
- 2.4 GHz wireless connection is extremely fast and allows the mouse to track every movement
- Reengineered scrolling wheel ensures a smooth and natural scroll every time
- Intelligent power-saving feature automatically puts the mouse to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity to conserve battery life
- Hand on/off switch also helps save battery
More about the Product: The mouse showcases a well-placed matte finish that complements its fluid shape. The mouse is also finished with an understated black colorway. Well, all these combine with the ergonomic design to give the mouse stunning aesthetics. Moreover, this iClever Vertical Mouse comes with a wireless USB receiver that plugs into the computer and is 100-percent wireless. If you plan to use the mouse on the go, simply tuck the receiver back into the storage compartment located on the underside of the mouse.
Furthermore, the iClever mouse is equipped with built-in adaptive frequency technology, and it works smoothly with Chrome OS, Mac OS, Linux and Windows-based operating systems. The mouse also connects instantly to desktop, PC, laptop, iMac, MacBook, and other devices. Another good thing about this mouse is that it will not disturb anyone’s peace. It has quiet left click and right click buttons as well as a soundless scroll wheel to create a wonderful working environment for you and/or your colleagues.
- Keeps the wrist in a natural position
- Installing the mouse is effortless
- Simple to navigate and use
- No annoying clicking sounds
- If the computer goes to sleep and is awakened, the mouse does not wake on its own – you have to tap the scroll wheel for it to begin functioning
9. J-Tech Digital Wireless Vertical Ergonomic USB Mouse
Like other best quality ergonomic mouses, the J-Tech Digital Wireless Mouse has an adjustable optical sensor. You can adjust the sensor from 600 DPI to 1000 DPI to 1600 DPI depending on your needs. The adjustable optical sensor allows you to use the mouse without any issues on various surfaces and for different purposes. The mouse comes with a nano receiver that boasts a decent distance of 10 meters and is attached to the bottom of the mouse for convenience.
Moreover, this mouse weighs 150 grams and measures 65 by 127 by 75 millimeters. It is not the lightest ergonomic wireless mouse in town, but this does not make it less comfortable to use. Another thing we like about the J-Tech Digital Wireless Mouse is that it uses 2 AAA batteries, which are included. The mouse can be used with Apple Mac system, although forward/back buttons will not work in this case. This mouse is also compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
- Unique ergonomic design features removable palm rest to reduce wrist and hand pain
- Adjustable sensitivity for optimum responsiveness and accuracy
- Two thumb buttons can be used for forward/back browser navigation
- Hand orientation is right
- Compact size makes the mouse convenient to carry and easy to use
- ABS plastic material is durable and greatly improves the performance of the mouse
- The USB receiver makes installation a breeze
- Batteries are included
- Wireless technology works well
- Can be used for less intense gaming
- The price is affordable
- Does not work so well with some mouse pads, like those made of cloth
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Ergonomic Mouse
The following factors will further make it easier for you to settle on a good wireless or wired ergonomic mouse.
- Level of Comfort
Comfort in ergonomic mice varies from one brand to another. For instance, costlier models are more comfortable than their less expensive counterparts. They are normally equipped with extra features, like the wrist rest pad, that offer more comfort. This does not, however, mean you will not be able to find a super comfy ergonomic mouse if you are on a budget. A number of models are reasonably priced yet they surprisingly have lots of incredible features that support comfort.
- Adjustable Mouse Sensitivity
It is advisable to buy a mouse whose sensitivity can be adjusted. Some ergonomic mice are equipped with up to 5 levels of sensitivity but the majority has 3 levels of sensitivity. Adjustable sensitivity in mice helps improve versatility. This means you will not have any problems using your mouse to surf the internet, work, and even to play video games. Adjustable sensitivity also enables the mouse to work beautifully on different surfaces, including wooden and glass.
A good mouse with ergonomic design should be able to work with most, if not all, operating systems. It should be compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 2000, and Windows XP, among others. It should also be able to work seamlessly with Mac and Linux based operating systems. It is worth noting that Apple products tend to limit the functionality of ergonomic mice. For example, the forward/back buttons of most mice are not recognized when using Mac OS X and so on.
- Wired or Wireless?
There are wired ergonomic mice and wireless ergonomic mice. Wired mice do not require recharging plus they spare you the hassle of having to buy batteries time after time. They are, however, pretty tedious to install. Also, not everyone likes the idea of an extra wire. Wireless mice, on the other hand, are very convenient to use because they are easy to install. They often come with a Nano receiver, which promotes plug-and-play. They, however, use batteries, which can either be rechargeable or non-rechargeable.
Other Factors to consider when buying an ergonomic mouse are the build quality – it should be sturdy enough to hold up well to everyday use; size – your mouse should be compact for easy carrying and use; brand – try to buy from a reputable brand such as Logitech, Microsoft, or J-Tech Digital, and price – expensive ergonomic mouses are not necessarily the best in the market.
Best Ergonomic Mouse Reviews: Conclusion
The best ergonomic mouse can either be wireless or wired. It does a great job of keeping you comfortable while you are working at your computer. It works by making sure the hand and wrist are in natural positions. And this helps prevent hand fatigue, soreness, as well as ensuring less strain.
Ideally, ergonomic mice do more than just keeping your health in check. They also improve productivity and efficiency at work. They have modern features that make them versatile enough to be a stunning investment for gamers, internet surfers, and persons that work at the computer the whole day.