Critics might argue that renowned artists like Pablo Picasso, Michelangelo, Frida Kahlo, and Leonardo da Vinci did not need the help of drawing tablets with screen to create the amazing artworks we see and appreciate today. But one thing most people do not know is that these artists needed all kinds of art supplies for various creations.
Well, drawing tablets with screen have simplified everything by providing artists and hobbyists with all the kinds of tools they need for their creations in one gadget. These tablets on screen even come with styluses, which work just like ordinary pencils. We have put together the best models in these consumer reports to help you make an informed decision in case you decide to buy one.
Our Top Picks
Best Overall: Wacom Cintiq 16 DTK1660K0A Drawing Tablet. The screen resolution of this drawing tablet is 1920*1080 HD. The tablet also features a decent screen size of 15.6 inches to provide you with a large working area.
Most Versatile: Artisul 15.6 Inch Drawing Tablet with Screen, D16. This screened tablet for drawing can be used in the field of graphic design, Image Editing, animation, illustration, and online teaching.
Budget-Friendly: HUION Kamvas Drawing Monitor Tablet (Pro 12 GT-116). It is priced right, and, therefore, makes a good purchase for someone looking for a serious drawing tablet yet is on a budget.
Most Portable: XP-PEN Innovator 16 Pen 15.6 Inch Graphics Monitor. This graphics monitor boasts an industry-leading 9mm profile. It is compact and extremely lightweight. It is suitable for artists that are always on the go but hate to put their work on hold even for a sec.
7 Best Tablets On Screen Reviews
1. Wacom Cintiq 16 Drawing Tablet with Screen – DTK1660K0A
The compact display of the Wacom Cintiq 16 Drawing Tablet makes it a nice purchase for students and casual artists alike. The innovative tablet combines display and pen to provide you with a seamless experience that feels completely natural. The pen is well made and boasts 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity. It also boasts a low activation force. What this means is that the pen recognizes even the lightest pen strokes.
The pen provides wonderful control and precision. It reacts to the tilt of the hand and precisely responds to each movement. The pen is also equipped with Electro Magnetic Resonance (EMR) technology that allows it to draw the power it needs from the tablet. That being said, the pen will not need a battery, and this is very convenient.
The screen size of this drawing tablet is 15.6 inches. It is large enough to let your imagination come to life with ease. Furthermore, this drawing tablet with screen has a decent resolution of 1920 by 1080 HD. The high resolution helps provide amazing clarity so you can see each detail of your work. The tablet supports Windows and Mac plus it weighs just 4.19 pounds. It also boasts convenient connectivity technology in HDMI.
- Anti-glare and scratch-resistant surface ensures there are no distracting reflections as you go about your work
- HD display gives you an opportunity to see your creation in vibrant colors
- Foldable legs allow you to adjust to the desired position
- Side buttons on the pen are programmable to allow you to access software with ease
- Reduced parallax ensures that the cursor appears exactly where you want it
- Pen has incredible sensitivity
- The screen size is perfect
- The quality is amazing
- The screen has a natural feel
- Legs are pretty vulnerable
2. Wacom One Digital Drawing Tablet with Screen – DTC133W0A
Wacom One DTC133W0A also has a high-performance pen. The pen feels like a real one, and, therefore, there is no learning curve needed. As if that’s not enough, the pen uses software to act as multiple brushes and pens in a full range of colors. It also has unparalleled accuracy to make sure your work comes out great every time.
Additionally, this digital drawing tablet gives you the digital freedom to paint or sketch directly on screen. You will also be able to enhance photos and videos, annotate documents, and draw diagrams. Plus it gives you a chance to share, edit, and delete your creations without any problems. It is important to note that Software offerings are only available for customers in the Americas.
Wacom One DTC133W0A is an award winner. It was recognized at the 2020 Consumer Electronics Show by Trusted Reviews and Slashgear. Well, this is a simple indication that this drawing tablet is good quality. It will make your life much more convenient than ever before. You can undo any mistake on the screen plus you can use the pen as a marker, chalk, paintbrush, or pencil. All you need is the click of a button.
- Natural surface friction ensures nice drawing on screen
- HD screen improves the outcome of each work
- Lightweight construction promotes portability
- 13.3-inch screen size is large enough to let you carry out various projects with ease
- Can be powered by USB power banks
- The tablet is well designed
- Rubber grips on the bottom prevent the tablet from sliding around
- The pen works just as described
- Suitable for beginners and advanced creators alike
- You need to constantly plug it in to a computer via a cord for it to work
3. Artisul 15.6 Inch Drawing Tablet with Screen, D16
The screen of this drawing tablet is a nice one. It measures 15.6 inches, and, therefore, it will provide you with a nice area to come up with many different creations. Better yet, the large screen does not make the tablet less portable. You can still carry it around with ease and use it any time you need it.
Besides, the Artisul D16 Graphics Tablet is designed with maximum versatility in mind. It can be used in the field of graphic design, Image Editing, animation, illustration, and online teaching. Because of its versatility, this drawing tablet is ideal for art school students, anime enthusiasts, and beginners. It supports dual display, and this means you can use it as a second computer.
It makes a stunning addition to home office plus it is suitable for remote work. The screen resolution of this tablet is 1920 by 1080 and the viewing angle is 178 degrees. Moreover, the tablet boasts 76%A-dobe RGB color gamut that combines with the high screen resolution and the wide viewing angle to let you see all details clearly and get all the colors you are looking for.
- 8192 Levels Pen Pressure Sensitivity sensitively reflects painting intensity and brushstrokes
- Patented electromagnetic resonance technology eliminates the need to charge the pen
- Quick dial and 7 shortcut keys are all programmable and support both left and right-hand users
- Brightness adjustment button makes it easy to adjust the brightness of the screen
More about the Product: This drawing tablet with screen comes with an adjustable monitor stand that creates a comfortable environment for creations. Furthermore, this graphics monitor is highly compatible and works with MacOS 10.12 or later as well as Windows 7 or later.
It is also compatible with most art software such as Manga Studio, Corel Painter, Illustrator, and Photoshop, among others. Plus the tablet is covered by a 1-year warranty for a hassle-free buying experience.
- Comes with numerous accessories
- The pen is lightweight and awesome
- Affordable and nice alternative to expensive brands
- Perfect drawing tablet for beginners and hobbyists
- The pen does not have an eraser style button, but also most people do not need that
4. HUION Drawing Monitor Tablet with Screen (Kamvas Pro 12 GT-116)
HUION Drawing Monitor (Kamvas Pro 12 GT-116) is another cheap option yet the results it delivers will surprise you. It comes with a battery-free stylus that you can use continuously without having to power it. Additionally, 8 replacement pen nibs are included to further make your work convenient. The pen has an incredible reaction and you will not feel like it is lagging.
It also has an awesome sensing height of 10 millimeters. Well, the incredible reaction and wonderful sensing height combine to provide you with unmatched accuracy in which the cursor goes right at the tip of the nib. Still, on the pen; it supports +/-60-degree tilt, and this further takes convenience to a whole new level.
What’s more, the screen of this drawing tablet is fully laminated, and this not only makes it suitable for color presentation but strengthens the entire screen as well. The cursor on the screen is always close and moves with the nib without causing parallax. The screen is 11.6 inches and will definitely satisfy the need for a large working area.
- 8192 levels of pen pressure sensitivity ensure your work is more vibrant with diverse layers and lines
- 1920*1080 HD drawing monitor lively displays every detail
- 178-degree viewing angle ensures great image quality
- Anti-glare keeps the screen clear even when there is bright light around
- 16.7 million Colors keep everything vibrant and crisp
More about the Product: The drawing tablet is compatible with Chrome OS 88.0.4324.109 or later, macOS 10.12 or later, and Windows 7 or later. It also works with most digital art software such as Painter, Sketchbook, Gimp, Photoshop, Krita, Zbrush, SAI, and Clip Studio, among others. Moreover, the tablet is equipped with 4 express keys and a touch bar. You can set up your preferred express keys to call up the OSD menu, scroll up and down, zoom the image in/out, etc.
- Makes a nice gift for hobbyists
- Wonderful for the price
- Image quality exceeds expectations
- Pen works as promised
- Buttons are easy to customize
- Must be connected to PC to work
5. XP-PEN Innovator 16 Pen 15.6 Inch Graphics Monitor with Tilt Support Passive Pen
With the XP-PEN Drawing Monitor, you will be able to easily work on your projects on the go. This is because it is highly portable. It has an industry-leading 9-millimeter profile that makes it incredibly lightweight and compact enough to carry around without any problem. Better yet, XP-PEN Drawing Monitor has a large screen despite being very portable.
This drawing monitor also boasts full lamination technology that seamlessly combines screen and glass to create minimal parallax. The passive pen will help you create seamless and natural shading since it supports up to 60 degrees. Ideally, the drawing monitor is highly compatible and can be used with Windows 10, 8, and 7. It is also compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 (and higher).
Furthermore, this innovative drawing monitor can be used with most popular digital art software such as Adobe Photoshop, Blender 3D, Fire Alpaca, Medibang, Krita, GIMP, CDR, SAI, and Illustrator. Connectivity in XP-PEN is both through HDMI and USB. XP-PEN Innovator 16 Display comes with a portable stand that prevents shaking as well as reducing hand stiffness and eye fatigue.
- 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity enable the monitor to provide precise control and maximum accuracy
- Mechanical and a virtual wheel allow you to adjust the size of the brush, zoom in/out your canvas, etc
- 8 programmable shortcut keys help streamline your workflow
- Multi-function pen holder keeps pen nibs and the pen safe
- 15.6” working area provides you with more space to create and get the job done
More about the Product: This drawing tablet on screen features a screen color gamut of 92-percent Adobe RGB (125-percent sRGB). Needless to say, the drawing monitor produces a vibrant and diverse spectrum of colors that, in turn, allow you to create vivid artwork, which is enriched by sharp details and lifelike hues.
Additionally, this graphics monitor comes with a lot of accessories, including a black drawing glove, a cleaning cloth, a quick guide, a pen holder, a portable stand, a power adapter, an extension cord, a 3-in-1 USB cable, and a battery-free stylus.
- Good value for the price
- The design is lightweight
- The appearance is sleek
- Great for someone that does not have a stationed workspace
- No parallax and the response is nice
- Drivers leave a lot to be desired
6. Huion Kamvas Pro 12 Drawing Tablet with Full Laminated Screen
Huion Kamvas Pro 12 Drawing Tablet with Laminated Screen is a decent purchase for someone on a budget. It is designed with an 11.6” full-laminated IPS screen. The screen is made of anti-glare glass to help give you perfect results every time. You will be able to see clearly and come up with stunning creations even when working in a brightly lit space.
Like other Huion tablets, Kamvas Pro 12 is compatible with office software such as Power Point, Excel, and Microsoft Office Word. This means you can use it for remote work, web conference, online teaching, and presentation, among others. Well, this is amazing, considering the tablet’s low price point. You should note that the Kamvas Pro 12 Drawing Tablet is not a standalone product – you need to connect it to a computer or laptop so it can work.
Your computer needs to have USB and HDMI ports. If it does not, you will need an adapter to help with the connection. Kamvas Pro 12 comes with a US power adapter that supports 110V – 240V. If you need EU or other adapters, contact the manufacturer for further assistance. Once you have connected all the cables, wait for around 30s – 1min for USB hardware driver to load successfully.
- 11.6” active area provides you with a comfortable platform for your creation
- 1 touch bar and 4 user-defined shortcut keys create an ergonomic drawing space to provide you with a better drawing experience as well as to optimize your workflow
- Deepend hidden type-C interface reinforces wire connection
- Digital pen PW507 is engineered with advanced EMR technology that allows it to work reliably
- 8192 pressure sensitivity helps you control varying lines in various shapes. It also helps with the natural color transition
More about the Product: The 16.7 million pixel color combines with a 120% sRGB wide gamut to allow Kamvas Pro 12 to present a more enhanced color effect, which makes image more vibrant and vivid. There is also a 178-degree visual angle that reduces the color disparity from various angles. This, in turn, helps in effectively getting rid of the problem of distortion and color loss. It also brings a natural painting effect.
The tablet supports +/-60-degree tilt plus it boasts 266 PPS report rate to help you draw in a wide range of angles naturally. Furthermore, the 5080LPI pen resolution makes each stroke come true to life. The tablet weighs just 765 grams, and it is 11mm ultra-slim. This means you will not have problems carrying it around for outdoor drawing.
Moreover, Kamvas Pro 12 is compatible with Mac OS 10.12 or later as well as Windows 7 or later. It can also be used with mainstream drawing software such as Illustrator, Corel Painter, SAI, SA, and more. Additionally, this tablet has a decent resolution of 1920 by 1080 that helps bring a more transparent and high-quality image.
- The screen quality is wonderful for the price
- Response is nice and parallax is effectively non-existent
- The stand is a nice addition
- Well built and sturdy
- The design is simple and the side buttons are exceptional
- Not for someone looking for a standalone drawing tablet
7. KENTING KT16 Drawing Tablet with Screen IPS Graphic Pen Display
You will love the color accuracy of KENTING KT16. The 92-percent NTSC color gamut helps you come up with stunning creations. What’s even better, the precision and accuracy can be improved so you can enjoy every sharp detail when working on the tablet. It is worth noting that this is not a standalone tablet, and, therefore, you will need to connect a computer or laptop to use it.
The tablet is designed with an anti-glare glass that minimizes glare to keep your eyes protected. The anti-glare glass keeps the screen clear and crisp even in bright light. The tablet also features a coating that provides a paper-like feel every time you draw on the screen. Plus it boasts a 178-degree viewing angle to help you enjoy your creations clearly in all positions.
The tablet can be used with Mac and Windows not to mention being compatible with Adobe Photoshop, SAI, OpenToonz, Adobe Illustrator, MediBang Paint Pro, Adobe Flash, Krita, Adobe Animate, FireAlpaca, ArtRage, Corel Painter, Clip studio paint, and Affinity Photo, among others. The built-in pen slot provides a convenient place to store the pen so it does not get lost. What’s more, this digital drawing tablet with screen comes with a cleaning cloth, a 2-finger glove, 10 replacement nibs, a pen holder, a pen case, and a Type-C to HDMI cable. This drawing tablet also comes with a 1-year warranty as well as a lifetime service.
- +/-45-degree range brush tilt provides a comfortable drawing experience
- 7 express keys can be customized according to your needs to make operation more efficient and less time-consuming
- Adjustable stand makes it easy to create a comfortable position for artwork
- Battery-free pen allows you to draw accurately and with little to no interruption
- 8192 levels of pen pressure sensitivity improve accuracy
More about the Product: Like top-quality drawing tablets, the resolution of KENTING KT16 is 1920 by 1080. The 15.6-inch screen is full HD to make sure you do not just have more than enough space to work on but also see every detail clearly.
Additionally, this drawing tablet on screen supports both righties and left-handed people. The tablet has 3 cable ports placed on the left back side where they are easy to access. And on the right side, there are 5 menu buttons, which are Mobile, Power, +, -, and Menu.
- The built-in stand is amazing
- The screen is bright and has a wide-gamut color
- Hardware build is solid
- Perfect for someone on a limited budget
- The driver could be better
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Digital Tablet On Screen
The best drawing tablets with screen are not so straighforward to find. That is why we have gone a step further to provide you with a detailed buying guide.
Let’s check it out.
- Size of the Tablet
Size in a drawing tablet consists of the active area and the overall dimensions. A large active area provides you with a large platform to come up with bigger creations. It eliminates the need to constantly zoom in and out when drawing. That being said, a good active area is at least 11 inches.
Although you want a drawing tablet with a large active area, you do not expect something so bulky that you will have a difficult time moving it around. You should, therefore, make sure the model you are set to buy is compact and ultra slim. Luckily, the above reviews have tablets whose thickness is just 9mm.
- Screen Resolution
A decent resolution makes it easy to spot and take care of every detail. It is an essential factor that both advanced artists and beginners should consider. Drawing tablets for beginners or kids may not have as high resolution as drawing tablets specially designed for advanced artists. Generally speaking, the resolution of your tablet should be something around 1920*1080.
In our opinion, you should pick a drawing tablet whose pen is equipped with EMR (Electro Magnetic Resonance) technology. This pen is not battery-powered plus it does not need to be recharged. Instead, it uses power right from the tablet. EMR styluses are also slim and feel like the average pen; hence, you will not need to learn how to use them.
Software plays a part in the responsiveness of a tablet. This means you are likely to be frustrated by lagging if you settle on a tablet that uses iffy software. Good software ensures immediate response, which, in this case, is the speed at which the lines you are drawing show up on the screen. You can read customer reviews to know whether the tablet you plan to buy has good drivers/software.
Types of Drawing Tablets
The 2 major types of drawing tablets are:
- Drawing Tablets with Screen
- Non-display Drawing Tablets
Let’s check them out
- Drawing Tablets with Screen/Display Drawing Tablets
Display tablets are recommended for beginners because they are relatively easy to use. With them, you will not have to look back and forth between the computer screen and the tablet. Making creations on these drawing tablets on screen is like drawing using a pencil and paper.
What’s more, these tablets are a nice purchase for someone looking to come up with professional, high-quality creations.
Downside: Drawing tablets with screen are very expensive and their prices range from a few hundred dollars to thousands of dollars.
However, that does not mean you will not be able to find a suitable model within an affordable range. The ones in the above reviews are priced right and can easily be bought by someone on a tight budget.
- Non-display Drawing Tablets
Also referred to as general graphics tablets, non-display drawing tablets are designed to be connected to a computer screen using a USB cable. This means when you draw on the surface of the tablet, the lines will appear on the computer screen.
These tablets are much cheaper than drawing tablets with screen. It goes without saying that they are a perfect purchase for someone on a budget or someone just starting to explore digital art yet does not want to spend much on a drawing tablet.
Downside: Non-display tablet may be cheap and probably cost you less than one hundred dollars. However, it might take some effort to know how to use it. In fact, some advanced users admit that using a non-display tablet is pretty challenging.
Non-display tablets are also not travel-friendly despite being compact. This is because if you decide to carry one for on-the-go drawing, you will have to carry a large laptop screen as well so you can see everything without a problem.
Best Drawing Tablets with Screen Reviews: Conclusion
The best drawing tablets with screen are so easy to use that beginners and even kids will have no problem making creations on them. Unlike non-display drawing tablets, drawing tablets on screen allow you to draw and make creations without looking back and forth between the computer screen and the tablet.
Unfortunately, most screened drawing tablets are costly. But we say worry not because the models we have reviewed in this piece are not only well-suited for your projects but also are fairly affordable.