The best countertop toaster oven is versatile enough to toast, broil, and cook. It can make cookies, pizzas, and bagels, among others.
It is also perfect for broiling turkey and chicken. Plus, it is very easy to operate since it always features a high-contrast, very-easy-to-read LCD.
In today’s consumer reports, we have reviewed various top brands to buy.
Take a look.
- Top 10 Best Countertop Toaster Ovens Reviews
- 1. Breville BOV800XL Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
- 2. BLACK+DECKER Convection Countertop Toaster Oven, TO3250XSB
- 3. Hamilton Beach 31127D 6-Slice Countertop Toaster Oven
- 4. Comfee’ 4-Slice Toaster Oven Countertop (CFO-BB101)
- 5. Hamilton Beach 31156 Countertop Oven and Long Slot Toaster
- 6. Oster French Convection Countertop and Toaster Oven
- 7. Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven (TOB-260N1)
- 8. Luby Large Toaster Oven Countertop, Silver
- 9. Calphalon Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven
- 10. AAOBOSI Air Fryer Convection Countertop Toaster Oven
- Features of Counter Top Toaster Ovens
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Counter Top Toaster Oven
- FAQs for Counter-top Toaster Ovens
- Types of Toaster Ovens
- Best Countertop Toaster Ovens: Verdict
Top 10 Best Countertop Toaster Ovens Reviews
1. Breville BOV800XL Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
Breville BOV800XL is a decent purchase for someone that wants to toast evenly, roast succulent meats, make delicious cookies, or bake perfect pizza. The toaster oven fits nicely on most counter tops because it is well-sized. The exterior dimensions are 15-3/4 inches wide by 18-1/2 inches deep by 11 inches high.
The interior dimensions, on the other hand, are 13-1/4 inches wide by 11-1/4 inches deep by 5-1/4 inches high. This toaster oven also has an excellent weight of 22 lbs. It is advisable that the unit be placed on a flat and dry surface. Also, there should be a minimum of 4 inches of space on either side of the unit.
- Element IQ provides the right amount of power at the right time
- 9 pre-set functions include warm, reheat, pizza, broil, cookies, toast, roast, bake, and bagel
- Backlit, LCD changes from blue to orange when the oven is in use
- High 1800 watts power ensures ultimate efficiency
- Bakes bread beautifully
- Holds up well to everyday use
- Beeps to let you know cooking is complete
- Heats up and cools down fast
- The roasting pan and pizza sheet are not of the best quality
2. BLACK+DECKER Convection Countertop Toaster Oven, TO3250XSB
Toaster ovens black and decker are some of the best units in the market, and the TO3250XSB is no exception. It has an extra-wide interior that comfortably accommodates most 9 by 13-inch pans with handles. The extra-wide interior also makes it possible to cook a 12-inch pizza or bake up to 8 slices of bread.
The internal dimensions are around 16.5 by 12.5 by 9.5 inches, and the maximum temperature heats up to 450 degrees. Because of the super wide interior, there is no need to buy a new oven pan. Furthermore, BLACK+DECKER comes with a toasting rack that you will find handy for various uses.
- Powerful convection fan ensures fast, even baking
- Functions include broiling, toasting, baking, keep food warm, etc
- 3 rack positions improve cooking flexibility
- Calibrated temperature dial settings provide expected results
- Dedicated toast timer delivers excellent toast every time
- 60-minute timer is precise and has stay-on functionality
- Fits dishes with room to spare
- Eliminates over-reliance on the large oven
- Perfect for the price
- Looks beautiful on the counter
- Instructions are very easy to understand
- The top gets very hot
3. Hamilton Beach 31127D 6-Slice Countertop Toaster Oven
The design of Hamilton Beach 31127D is very unique and well thought out. It features a roll-top door that moves up and out of the way to provide you with safe and easy access to food both during and after cooking. Moreover, the fact that the top door moves out of the way means cleaning this oven once you are done using it is a no-brainer.
You will not have to deal with messy drips and spills. The oven weighs 11.4 pounds and measures 15.24 by 18.74 by 9.41 inches. It is made of stainless steel for superior durability plus it is finished with silver for great looks in the kitchen.
- Included bake pan makes it easy to cook a variety of foods
- 2 rack positions provide much-needed flexibility during cooking
- Spacious interior fits 9” by 11”, 12” pizza, and 6 slices of toast
- Contoured knobs are easy to use
- 30-minute timer with optional stay-on setting and auto shutoff function
- Toasted items can safely be removed
- Extremely easy to use
- Versatile; can toast, broil, bake, and warm
- Perfect for 1 – 2 people
- Seems unable to provide completely even browning
4. Comfee’ 4-Slice Toaster Oven Countertop (CFO-BB101)
The internal dimensions of Comfee’ CFO-BB101 are 10.2 inches wide by 9.1 inches deep by 6.5 inches high. The design is large enough to fit a 10.2 by 7.8-inch bake pan and 4-slices of toast. The external dimensions, on the other hand, are 14.6 inches wide by 11.4 inches deep by 8.0 inches high.
Although Comfee’ CFO-BB101 is small, it boasts 1000 watts of power, which is higher than some large toaster ovens countertop. Having said that, expect this unit to work efficiently and deliver results really fast. It has a decent temperature range of 150 deg F to 450 deg F to provide flexibility and convenience during cooking.
- 3 cooking functions include Broil, Toast, and Bake
- 30-minute precise timer features a stay-on mode
- Upper dial controls the cooking mode and temperature
- Detachable nonstick crumb tray makes cleanup a breeze
- Upper position is perfect for broiling while the lower one is suitable for toasting and baking
- Does not take up much counter space
- Cooks, roasts and bakes to perfection
- The temperature setting is excellent
- The price is hard to beat
- Because of the small size, this toaster oven may not be very suitable for a large family
5. Hamilton Beach 31156 Countertop Oven and Long Slot Toaster
When you have a thoughtfully-engineered countertop oven toaster like Hamilton Beach 31156, expect to enjoy maximum convenience. It has a 2-in-1 design that makes it one of the most convenient toaster ovens to buy. It can toast, broil, and bake. This unit is also very easy to operate as all you need to do is switch cooking modes and you are good to go.
It is made of stainless steel for unrivaled durability, and its general dimensions are 12.05 by 17.8 by 10.24 inches. This oven for toasting is also available in other stunning colors, which are Black and Red. What’s more, it has a decent weight of 14.78 pounds.
- Large interior fits a 9” pizza
- 2 rack positions give you flexibility during toasting and baking
- 60-minute timer features an auto shutoff function
- Extra-wide toast slots nicely fit artisan breads and bagels
- Space-saving design makes the oven toaster ideal for small kitchens
- The 2-in-1 combo is fantastic
- Hamilton Beach stands behind the unit
- Saves a huge amount of counter space
- Heats quickly to a “real” oven temperature
- Controls are simple to use
- The exterior gets very hot
6. Oster French Convection Countertop and Toaster Oven
With the Oster Convection Toaster Oven, you will be able to slowly and perfectly cook your food at a pre-set temp of 150 degrees Fahrenheit. The oven has an adjustable time of up to 6 hours to further increase accuracy and make sure you achieve the expected results. This small oven also features an extra-large interior that fits up to two 16” pizzas.
The preheat setting is another excellent feature that makes this toaster oven a nice purchase. It improves precise cooking by getting the oven temperature up to where it is needed. The toaster oven weighs 18.1 pounds, and its dimensions are 22 by 19.5 by 13 inches. It is what you should go for if space in your kitchen is invaluable.
- Single door pull allows you to easily open both doors with just one hand
- Turbo convection baking technology browns more evenly and cooks faster
- Digital controls take the guesswork out of cooking by providing precise cooking time and temp
- 2 racks provide you with unparalleled cooking flexibility
- 90-minute timer automatically turns the oven toaster off
- Does not make the kitchen too hot
- Looks awesome and receives lots of compliments
- The controls are accurate
- Oven feels high quality
- The power cord is a bit short
7. Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven (TOB-260N1)
Although this unit is not the famous Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven, it still serves its purpose. It comes with a lot of accessories, including 2 oven racks, a recipe booklet, a 13” pizza stone, a removable crumb tray, a broiling pan, and a baking drip pan. This toaster oven countertop is also one of the largest.
It can toast up to 9 slices of bread not to mention easily fitting two 9” by 13” bake pans. The oven can roast a 7lb. turkey breast, prepare 4lbs. of ribs, or roast a 5lb. chicken. Needless to say, this unit is ideal for a large family. It is also perfect for when you have guests during Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 15 cooking functions include speed convection and an innovative dual cook feature
- Always even toast shade control provides consistent results every time
- Digital controls have LED buttons and a large blue backlit display
- Auto slide-out rack promotes convenience
- 4 interior rack positions
- The warranty period is good
- The included pizza stone is very useful
- Cooks well without heating the kitchen up
- Seems to cook faster than most regular ovens
- Button labels wear off pretty easily
8. Luby Large Toaster Oven Countertop, Silver
Luby Large Toaster Oven is suitable for broiling turkey, toasting bread, baking pizzas, making cookies, and cooking fish. It is a versatile countertop oven toaster that will no doubt come in handy for thanksgiving, birthdays, and Christmas. It is powerful enough to beautifully roast up to a 20-pound turkey and bake up to a 14” pizza.
The interior dimensions of this toaster & oven combo are 16-3/8 inches wide by 15-7/8 inches deep by 8-1/2 inches high. The weight, on the other hand, is 24.9 lbs. This is great, considering how large this counter top oven toaster is. The oven also has nice looks, and that is because of the silver finish that blends with almost any kitchen décor.
- 4 rack positions provide unrivaled flexibility
- French door design does not occupy any space when opened
- Precise & separate temperature control for lower and upper racks
- Easy-to-turn knobs allow you to set the timer and temp to the desired setting
Other features include a signal bell to let you know when your food is ready; auto shutoff to help conserve energy, and 4 heated tubes that make the toaster oven super versatile
- Ideal for someone looking to not over-rely on the range oven
- The capacity is enormous
- Suitable for cooking a small turkey
- Heats up quickly and cooks evenly
- Glass windows and stainless steel finish improve the looks of the oven
- Not a convection toaster oven, but great for the price
9. Calphalon Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven
As its name suggests, the Calphalon Toaster Oven Countertop is equipped with a quartz heating element that delivers up to 40-percent more even heat compared to conventional toaster ovens. The quartz heating element also enables this oven & toaster to heat faster than most regular toaster ovens. This means if you want to cook faster and to perfection every time, this unit is for you.
It comes with quite a number of accessories, including a wire rack, a dehydrator rack, a pizza pan, and a baking pan. These accessories improve convenience as well as making the oven & toaster unit versatile. This toaster oven is also well-sized as it measures 18.7 by 15.8 by 11.6 inches. Plus, iy has a decent interior space measuring 12.5 by 13.0 by 4.47 inches.
- High contrast LCD provides intuitive control of all features
- 11 preset functions include Dehydrate, Cookies, Reheat, Warm, Defrost, Bagel, Toast, Roast, Pizza, Bake, and Broil
- Extra large capacity can accommodate a 12-inch pizza
- Polished and made of stainless steel
- Cooks a 12” pizza wonderfully
- Size is perfect for 2 people
- Heats evenly and quickly
- Lets you know once it is preheated
- The maximum vertical available baking space is not the largest
10. AAOBOSI Air Fryer Convection Countertop Toaster Oven
One of the functions of the AAOBOSI is the bake function. With it, you will be able to bake directly without having to individually set the temperature and time. In other words, the bake function promotes convenience as well as significantly saving time. Ideally, you can still go ahead and set the temperature and time – which is not difficult.
The toaster oven has a large capacity of 0.81 cu. ft/23L. That being said, it can easily fit 6 slices of toast, over 1kg French fries, a whole 4-pound chicken, 18 chicken wings, and an 8” pizza. The dimensions of the oven toaster are 16 by 12 by 15 inches (40.5 by 31 by 37 centimeters).
- 3-layer cooking improves convenience
- Counter-top design makes the toaster oven easy to store
- 60-minute timer and 450 deg F (230 deg C) max temperature control
- Touch digital control gives more precision and even temp/time
- 10 preset functions include Dehydrate, Air Fryer, Air Roast, Pizza, Bake, Warm, Rotisserie, Toast, and Air Broil
Other key features include convection technology and six 360-degree all-over heating elements that ensure quick and even heating.
- Convenient and very easy to use
- Makes amazing fries and nuggets
- Food turns out excellent in a short amount of time
- Looks really nice on the counter
- The instructions are not the best
Features of Counter Top Toaster Ovens
Most toaster ovens are packed with the following features:
These include Bake, Pizza, Rotisserie, Warm, Dehydrate, Reheat, Bagel, Defrost, Toast, Cookies, Broil, and more. The best oven toasters have most of these functions for unparalleled versatility.
Some countertop oven toasters are equipped with a 30-minute timer, whereas, others have a 60-minute timer. Oven toasters with 60-minute or so timers provide more flexibility, and if conditions allow, they are the ones you should buy.
This is an important feature that shuts off a toaster oven automatically after it is done cooking. It helps save energy as well as promoting safety.
This feature alerts you when your toaster oven is done cooking. It promotes convenience since it allows you to set the temperature and timer and then walk away without a care in the world knowing you will be notified when your food is ready.
LCD Display helps make a countertop toaster oven extremely easy to use. Good quality oven toasters have high-contrast LCDs that are easy to read for maximum precision and exceptional results.
High-performance counter-top toaster ovens have a maximum temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius). Such units are wonderful purchases because they can cook various foods.
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Counter Top Toaster Oven
In this buying guide, we talk about the following factors:
A powerful toaster oven countertop heats up fast, thereby, allowing you to cook in no time. It saves time as well as making life simpler than ever before. Well, a toaster oven with around 800 watts of power is considered good and a worthy investment.
Number of Pre-set Functions
Some ovens have more than 15 pre-set cooking functions, while others have fewer than that. It is important to note that the more the number of cooking functions, the higher the price point. This is because oven toasters with multiple functions are highly versatile, and, therefore, very convenient to use.
Counter-top toaster ovens are pretty compact. They do not take up much space, and this makes them ideal for small kitchens and apartments. However, before you choose a toaster oven for countertop use, make sure you know the clearance space of the oven toaster. Some manufacturers require that you leave a 4-inch space all around the oven while others recommend a 6-inch clearance space.
Just because you are buying a countertop toaster oven does not mean you sacrifice capacity. Most modern toaster ovens are designed in such a way that they are compact yet very functional. They have large interior spaces that can cook large pizzas and even whole chicken and small turkey.
Other factors to consider when buying a countertop oven toaster are the length of the power cord, the temperature range, and the material it is made of. Some are constructed with stainless steel while others are made of iron. You should also check the look as well as the included accessories.
FAQs for Counter-top Toaster Ovens
Q1. Do counter-top oven toasters consume a lot of energy?
No. Most manufacturers now focus on making toaster ovens, which are not just easy to use but also are energy efficient. Features like the auto shutoff are included in modern oven toasters to help them consume less energy.
Q2. Is a toaster oven a good substitute for a range oven?
If you have a small family and on a budget or simply do not want to spend more on an oven, a toaster oven is for you. A range oven, on the other hand, is perfect for large families. Since each of them is designed to serve a different purpose, it is a good idea to have them both.
Q3. Is a countertop oven great for cooking a turkey?
Yes. Although these ovens may not be as large as range ovens, most of them have interiors that are spacious enough to broil a small turkey. Besides, most toaster ovens can broil a whole chicken nicely.
Q4. Can a countertop oven toaster cause a fire?
Yes. Toaster ovens, when not handled properly, can cause a fire. When left on for a very long time, toaster ovens can overheat and cause a fire. Also, the buildup of food crumbs and food particles on the bottom of the toaster can lead to a fire hazard.
Generally speaking, it is best if you only buy a toaster oven that has been rigorously tested for safety and quality. Moreover, you should consider buying a toaster oven manufactured by a reputable company such as BLACK+DECKER, Breville, Calphalon, Oster, or Cuisinart.
Types of Toaster Ovens
There are 3 main types of toaster ovens, and these:
- Convection toaster ovens
- Infrared countertop toaster ovens
- Standard countertop toaster ovens
Convection Toaster Ovens
Convection toaster ovens are rapidly becoming more popular than standard countertop toaster ovens. This is because convection units have something that most people like – the built-in fan, which is also known as the convection fan.
This special fan enables the toaster oven to heat up fast and evenly. That being said, if you are always busy and you are looking for something that can help you prepare food within a cinch, a convection toaster oven is for you.
Infrared Countertop Toaster Ovens
Infrared Toaster Ovens are the latest models in the market. This means they have much more advanced features than both the convection and standard toaster ovens. These units use light energy to prepare food, and this means they are very fast. They are also energy-efficient, and, therefore, will save you a lot of money every year.
Infrared toaster ovens, however, are not readily available, given that they are still new. They also have a smaller interior capacity than standard and convection toaster ovens. Plus they can be difficult to operate, especially if you are new to toaster ovens.
Standard Countertop Toaster Ovens
These units were the first models, and, for this reason, they are extremely easy to operate. Needless to say, standard counter-top toaster ovens are the perfect purchase for beginners. They come in various sizes and designs, considering that they have been around for quite a long time.
These countertop oven toasters are also large enough to provide you with maximum flexibility. Plus they tend to have lots of functions that make them ideal for various uses. Most of them have preset cooking functions for browning, broiling, cooking, pizza, cookies, and more.
Where these toaster ovens might come short is in the cooking duration – they are not as fast as infrared and convection models. Also, compared to infrared and convection units, standard countertop toaster ovens have fewer features.
Best Countertop Toaster Ovens: Verdict
The overall best countertop toaster oven is the Breville BOV800XL Convection Toaster Oven. Equipped with Element IQ, this toaster oven is very convenient to use. It also heats fast and evenly, thereby, saving you a lot of time.
The counter-top toaster oven with the most convenient and best design is Hamilton Beach 31127D. It has a roll-top door, which moves up and out of the way. The innovative door makes this toaster oven very easy to use as well as to clean.
The most affordable toaster oven is the Comfee’ CFO-BB101. It is perfect for when you are on a budget and need a toaster oven urgently. It is also very compact, and, therefore, suitable for small kitchens and apartments.
The toaster oven with the largest interior is Cuisinart TOB-260N1. It can roast a 7-pound turkey breast and a 5-pound chicken. It can also prepare 4 pounds of ribs. As if that’s not enough, Cuisinart TOB-260N1 has 15 cooking functions that make it ultra versatile and excellent for a large family.